Tips On Selecting A Realtor
You may decide to sell your home yourself. If you have the time and patience to do so, the information in this report will be extremely useful. A Realtor brings several important assets to the table. These include:
1) Knowledge of the local real estate market: It is extremely important that your Realtor knows what similar homes have sold for and what other homes are on the market for now. He has to be an expert in comparative market analysis. and be prepared to put in the time and effort to make a thorough analysis.
2) Skill qualifying buyers: Many prospects are just tire kickers. Almost everyone wants to buy a home. Many people can actually afford a home. Only a few people are ready to buy a home. How do you know who is ready, willing, and most importantly, ABLE to buy your home. How do you know to whether to accept a contract from someone you do not know. You could easily find yourself spending a lot of time showing your home to unqualified prospects. Before even showing your home, a Realtor will qualify the prospective buyer by finding out how much he can afford to spend, whether he has or can qualify for financing, and how quickly he is able to move, among other things.
3) Marketing and Sales Knowledge. Because the Realtor is working the market every day, a Realtor has the contacts, connections and exposure to attract prospective buyers for you.
SELECTING A REALTOR
1. First to consider is reputation. Find someone with a proven track record of success.
2. Be sure to select a Realtor with a proven proactive marketing plan. Many Realtors simply rely on a sign in the yard, your listing in the computer, and a small ad in the home guide. You need exposure to as many buyers as possible.
3. Top Realtors know that buyers come from many places. It takes exposure on the Internet, email, relocation companies, mass mailers, newspaper, and even word of mouth. Find a Realtor who has a track record of getting exposure and sales.
4. Select a Realtor with an in-depth knowledge of your local market area. To be effective, a Realtor needs to be knowledgeable with all aspects of real estate
5. Select a Realtor you feel you can have a good working relationship with.